ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU)
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesEngineeringTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/07/2019 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
International PhD Program
h1. *“Biomolecular Technology of Proteins (BioToP)”*
at the Vienna Institute of BioTechnology of BOKU, Vienna, Austria
h1. *PhD student positions*
BioToP offers an inter- and multi-disciplinary research-based doctoral education at the interface of basic and applied science in the field of protein biotechnology.
BioToP offers a challenging scientific environment with state-of-the-art facilities and provides comprehensive and thorough up-to-date research training in the fields of:
* structure-function analysis, engineering and design of proteins
* protein synthesis, targeting and post-translational modifications
* expression systems and cell factories
* bioinformatics and molecular modelling
The BioToP-specific educational program comprises lectures, seminars and instructional courses that complement the research work in the participating groups.
Highly qualified and motivated students of any nationality are invited to apply for the 3-year studentships. Funding will be according to the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund. Additionally students will receive funding for research stays abroad and for the participation at international conferences.
Further information on research projects as well as application guidelines and forms are available at: http://biotop.boku.ac.at
*Application deadline: July 3rd, 2019*
* Advanced analytical strategies for investigation of alternative methanol assimilation in methylotrophic yeasts
* Enzymatic properties and evolutionary origin of the cancer-associated protease cathepsin O
* Impact of cellular redox state on protein production and secretion in yeast
* Mechanistic synergism between bacterial pyranose oxidase and peroxidase in lignin depolymerization
* Microarrays of natural and remodelled glycans
* O-glycan engineering of N. benthamiana for structure-function characterization of human IgA1
* Resolving dynamic protein conformations in multidomain enzymes with SAXS
* Structure and Function of Hexosaminidases
* The cancer immunotherapy antigen CD19 and its molecular interaction network
EURAXESS offer ID: 405999
Posting organisation offer ID: 687007
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.