Sri KOLLA testimonial
Sri KOLLA, PhD
University of Luxembourg, Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication, Indian, single
Please describe more in detail why did you decide to settle in Luxembourg.
It is a privilege to live in one of the European Union capitals with access to decent scholarships for PhD students. I am a travel addict therefore Luxembourg is optimal location for voyage desires. The social life is not that boring here, there is something happening all the time.
2. Since when are you living in Luxembourg?
Since October 2018.
3. What kind of research are you doing? Tell us please a bit about your work.
I am currently working with quantifying lean and industry 4.0 in small and medium scale enterprises in the Greater Region of Luxembourg. My research includes extensive literature survey in assessment models of lean and industry 4.0, design and developing a model suitable for manufacturing SMEs in Luxembourg and in the Greater Region and conducting workshops, developing case studies for companies to enhance their productivity potential.
4. What obstacles you had to face before your arrival in Luxembourg?
Visa process took longer than expected.
5. What were the biggest challenges you had to deal with after your arrival?
Nothing! I am a social extrovert therefore it was easy to find something to do :D
6. What Euraxess services did you use? Services related to:
Day care, schooling & family related issues
7. What role did Euraxess play in this whole process?
I found the opportunity on Euraxess job portal.
8. What is the best thing about living / working in Luxembourg and why?
Easy access to greatest traveling locations in Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and France!
9. What was surprising for you when you moved to Luxembourg?
How can it rain all the time?
10. What is the main difference between Luxembourg and your country of origin (personally and professionally)?
Working culture (less hierarchical vs. hierarchical)
Life style (open-minded vs. conservative)
Weather (rainy vs. warm)
Food (Not spicy vs. spicy)
11. What do you miss from your home country?
12. What has Luxembourg given you professionally and personally?
An opportunity to work for one of the most prestigious institutes in Central Europe. Personally nothing yet!
13. What about your future plans in Luxembourg or abroad?
Play for Luxembourg national Cricket team (Yes! It exists.)
Get a challenging position after my PhD.
14. Would you recommend Euraxess and why?
I would recommend Euraxess without a doubt to anyone at any given point of time. Euraxess is a place to go if anyone is looking for academic and research positions or anything related to career counseling etc. I still need to explore more the Euraxess funding opportunities.
Are you a researcher, a PhD or a postdoc who has established in Luxembourg? Do you have an experience with EURAXESS Luxembourg and its services? Share your own story through the following short survey.