ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tartu
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/11/2020 18:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Duties and responsibilities
We are looking for a lecturer in the area of cryptography or security (applied or theoretical) to complement our institute in teaching and to complement and interact with the existing cryptographic/security research groups (Prof Unruh, Arnis Paršovs).
- Lecturing and conducting seminars in the field of specialisation on all levels of higher education.
- Supervising research work of students.
- Participating in the research activities of the Chair of Security and Theoretical Computer Science.
- Participation in the work of the university’s decision-making bodies is recommended.
- Popularisation of the specialisation.
See also job description.
PhD or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates are expected to have teaching experience in higher education establishments on the Bachelor and/or Masters levels.
- Research experience and publications in the field of specialisation or related field are essential.
- A track record of publications in highly reputable venues in the field of specialisation or a related field is desirable.
- Experience in supervising students and conducting e-learning is also highly desirable.
Required language skills
Excellent command of English required. Estonian is an advantage.
Starting at 01.01.2021.
Salary: Starting from 2200 euros (gross) per month, depending on qualifications and work experience.
See also UT salary rules.
Start of work at the earliest possible time.
Application documents for Lecturer
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit to the UT Human Resources Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; postal address: 18 Ülikooli St, Tartu 50090 ESTONIA; employees of the UT should submit their documents via intranet) following documents:
- a letter of application to the Rector,
- a curriculum vitae in the established format,
- a list of research publications (if necessary, enclosing copies or offprints of more important publications),
- a copy of a document (including its annexes) which shows the candidate to hold the required qualification (authorized translation into Estonian, English or Russian if the credential is not in one of these languages). A candidate can be required to submit the original or a certified copy of the document (including its annexes) showing the candidate to hold the required qualification. If the candidate has acquired the higher education in question abroad, he or she may be required to submit an assessment issued by the Academic Recognition Information Centre (the Estonian ENIC/NARIC) of his or her qualification in respect of the qualification requirements for the position;
- other materials considered relevant by the candidate (a list of such materials must be included in the application or annexed to it).
Number of copies: 1
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 563690
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.