ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Tartu
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/11/2020 18:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Duties and responsibilities
- Teaching at all levels of higher education in the fields of Archival Studies, using modern teaching methods and educational technology.
- Supervising students. Within five years, doctoral dissertations have to be defended under the supervision of the professor.
- Activities related to the administration and development of teaching. Development of new subjects related to primary sources and memory institutions.
- Professional development to enhance teaching and supervising skills.
- High-level RDC activities, incl. directing RDC activities in the specialisation and taking care that necessary resources (incl. research grants) are available for it.
- Directing a research theme or a part of it and within this work, supervising other academic staff.
- Internationally recognised research in five years at least in the volume equivalent to that of two doctoral theses.
- Participation in international research administrative activities, incl. participation in collaboration networks, work at editorial boards of research publications or as a reviewer, work as an expert in foreign institutions.
- Participation in the work of academic and administrative decision-making bodies of the university.
- Popularisation of the speciality.
- Research and teaching topics should preferably relate to the field of the political, social and cultural history of Estonia in the 19th-20th centuries (with emphasis on the study of primary sources).
See also job description.
PhD or an equivalent qualification.
- Previous teaching experience at all levels of higher education, incl. effective supervising of master’s and doctoral students.
- Ability to organise teaching and teach at all levels of higher education.
- Ability to organise RDC activities in the specialisation.
- Success in applying for research funding as well as managing and performing RDC-related contracts in the last five years.
- Internationally recognised professional research, the volume of which so far is equivalent to at least three doctoral theses, incl. internationally recognised research in the last five years at least in the volume equivalent to that of 1.5 doctoral thesis.
- Participation in the work of the international community in the specialisation, incl. participation in the work of professional societies or their subunits or international RDC projects, work on the editorial panel of research publications or as a reviewer, work as an expert in foreign institutions (e.g. evaluating academic staff or allocating research grants).
- Experience in administrative work and management.
- Participation in working groups and/or expert councils related to the promotion and implementation of the specialisation at the national or international level.
Required language skills
Estonian, English, Russian (and German).
Starting at 01.09.2021.
Salary: Remuneration based on UT Salary Rules.
See also UT salary rules.
Head of the Institute of History and Archaeology professor Valter Lang (email@example.com).
Application documents for Professor
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit to the UT Human Resources Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; postal address: 18 Ülikooli St, Tartu 50090 ESTONIA; employees of the UT should submit their documents via intranet) following documents:
- a letter of application to the Rector,
- a curriculum vitae in the established format,
- a list of research publications (if necessary, enclosing copies or offprints of more important publications),
- a copy of a document (including its annexes) which shows the candidate to hold the required qualification (authorized translation into Estonian, English or Russian if the credential is not in one of these languages). A candidate can be required to submit the original or a certified copy of the document (including its annexes) showing the candidate to hold the required qualification. If the candidate has acquired the higher education in question abroad, he or she may be required to submit an assessment issued by the Academic Recognition Information Centre (the Estonian ENIC/NARIC) of his or her qualification in respect of the qualification requirements for the position;
- a statement not exceeding 1500 words of the aims to be achieved during the term in the position, and the outline of an action plan for achieving these;
- other materials considered relevant by the candidate (a list of such materials must be included in the application or annexed to it).
Number of copies: 1
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 563696
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.