RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › OtherMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/11/2020 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Leuven
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK38
The candidate will perform informatics to solve biological questions and will be involved in:
- Building and applying bioinformatics pipelines in order to analyze high-throughput sequencing data such as whole-genome, whole-exome, methylation, RNA data, and single-cell (sc) sequencing data from the newest single-cell multi-omics technologies (scRNA-seq, ATAC-seq, DNA-seq, CITE-seq, CROP-seq and spatial profiling).
- Guiding biologists in analyzing their own data and performing statistical tests and pathway analysis;
- Exploring public available databases;
- Working with and managing big data;
- The creative visualization of the results;
- Using and maintaining high performance computing clusters.
- A fascinating work environment in which quality, professionalism and social contact are encouraged;
- The possibility to be at the start of a scientifically cutting-edge and society relevant project;
- The opportunity to contribute to the biological validation of your own research findings.
- You have obtained a Masters degree in bioengineering, computer science, (bio)informatics, mathematics or related field;
- You have good communication skills and can work easily together with other (international) team members;
- You have a passion for bioinformatics and the motivation to work on innovative and ambitious projects in an open, dynamic and skilled research team;
- You have experience with Linux systems, bash, R, and statistics;
- Experience with high-performance computing, (multivariate) statistics, data analysis, Bayesian statistics, machine learning, data visualization and big data management are an important asset;
- Knowledge of Linux, databases, BioConductor, Python or related programming languages and basic system administration skills are considered a plus;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 563712
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.