1. Passport/identity card
Check the validity of your passport/identity card.
2. Entry and residence conditions
Check your entry and residence conditions. If necessary, obtain a visa and a residence permit for
3. Book your flight
To avoid extra expenses, only book your flight once you know exactly when you will be starting your job.
4. Health insurance
Check your health insurance
5. Local tax authority
Check with your local tax authority whether you need a certificate proving your tax payer status.
6. School reports of your children
If your children are coming with you, bring their school reports and birth certificate.
Look for accommodation. Book your hotel or if renting, make appointments with the estate agent/owners beforehand.
8. Bank account
Contact your chosen bank in Luxembourg to open an account so you can transfer money and obtain a bank guarantee for renting accommodation.
As soon as possible
1. Register your arrival with your local commune (declaration of arrival) within:
- 3 days of arrival for all non-EU citizens;
- 8 days for EU citizens.
2. Register children at the school.
3. Finalize your bank account and order credit/debit cards.
Within 3 months
4. Apply for your residence permit.
5. Register your vehicle.
Within one year
After 6 months but within 1 year, apply for a Luxembourg driving licence if you currently have a non-EU licence.
ARRIVAL CHECKLIST IN PDF (954.47 KB)
For more information