Plan your career abroad
If you are planning to continue your research career abroad, EURAXESS – Researchers in motion, is the right starting place for you. Here you can find general practical information.
EURAXESS Jobs offers a large database of research job vacancies, which can be searched by country and research field. You can also find fellowships or download your CV.
To pursue your career abroad
- Search for the EURAXESS portal of your destination country and contact the EURAXESS Service Centre if necessary.
- Check your entry and residence conditions. If necessary, obtain a visa or residence permit for entry/employment/study.
- Check the validity of your passport/identity card.
- To avoid extra expenses, only book your flight once you know the first working day of your employment.
- Update your health insurance. If necessary, obtain the European health insurance card or a private health insurance.
- Check with your local tax authority whether you need a certificate proving your previous status as a tax payer.
- Arrange your accommodation.
- Contact your bank to open an account, so you can transfer money and obtain a bank guarantee for renting accommodation.