Dhruv SEHGAL`s testimonial
Dhruv SEHGAL, PhD
Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology, Indian, single
2. When did you arrive in Luxembourg?
3. What type of research are you involved in? Can you tell us a bit about your work.
Rivers carry not only water but also sediments. These sediments are responsible for river morphology and determine the water quality of the river, because they carry contaminants and organics along with them. I am trying to understand the complex behaviour of sediment transport.
4. What obstacles you had to face before arriving in Luxembourg?
It took a long time for my visa to be processed.
5. What were the biggest challenges you had to deal with after your arrival?
Accommodation is really expensive. I don’t mind paying more, but the quality of the rooms is not good. They are not designed in a very thoughtful way. There is also no public transport to nearby big stores (IKEA, Decathlon).
6. What Euraxess services did you use? Services related to:
Day care, schooling & family related issues
7. What role did Euraxess play in the overall process?
I applied through Euraxess job portal.
8. What is the best thing about living / working in Luxembourg and why?
The international environment.
9. What did you find surprising when you moved to Luxembourg?
I was expecting more German language in local communication.
10. What is the main difference between Luxembourg and your country of origin (personally and professionally)?
The work environment.
11. What do you miss about your home country?
12. What has Luxembourg given you professionally and personally?
It has provided me with a platform for my next step.
13. What are your future plans, either in Luxembourg or abroad?
I will look for a post-doc and a job in a research institution.
14. Would you recommend Euraxess and why?
It’s easy and straightforward.
Are you a researcher, a PhD or a postdoc who has established in Luxembourg? Do you have an experience with EURAXESS Luxembourg and its services? Share your own story through the following short survey.